Thursday, September 18, 2008

8 Weeks

I finally got my hair cut today. Long over due. And took my side by sides with the good ol' moon star background.

I think the pictures tend to look much better than what I look like in "real life". Then again, I don't have to smile, and when I smile I look like a weird weird thing. I'm happy with my new profile, just frustrated with the tip of my nose. Also, the mechanics of my face are still down.
I can't wrinkle my nose without it being uncomfortable and spasm-y. My top lip doesn't like to participate in the smiling much. Still swollen. I've been feeling a little sore lately. And I've been yawning more than I can stand. Each involuntary huge yawn is torture.

That's about it for now. I'm completely exhausted today from lack of sleep, so when I get the chance, I will make a real post! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I, for one, demand pictures of this newfangled "hair cut"!

;P

Kam said...

Oh, it's just the normal Kelley cut.
The people at the hair salon said my forehead was too small for bangs. lol

Jen said...

Yeah, what is with the tip on your nose? Is that going to go away?

holski said...

Kam,
just out of curiosity, how many mm's was your upper jaw advanced?

Michelle said...

I remember when you used to photoshop old pictures to make it look like your "after" shots. Now you don't have to do that! (At least, those better not be photoshopped pix!)

Yah, the swelling takes it sweet ole time, doesn't it? I can still feel it in my face, although no one else claims that they see anymore swelling. But I know better!

When you have more energy, let me know how your diet is now that you're at the 2 month mark. Hopefully, you're back to a "normal" diet!

:0)
M

Anonymous said...

I think you look fab!!:-)

Jen said...

Kelly,

I'm planning to have the surgery and during the days after I have many assignments due that I can do at home. You sound tired. Is it possible, or will I be too druged out to think and work?

momto5minnies said...

I stumbled upon your blog. I have a crossbite/underbite and have had braces on for nearly 1.5 years. I "should" be going for jaw surgery in Jan/Feb.

I was just curious about your profile. Hope you don't mind the question, but did they alter your nose or did it change with the jaw movement? I have a different nose than my siblings and I always wondered if it was due to my jaw. They all have turned up noses and mine is not (it is longer, narrower). I guess I am curious if my profile will be really different.

YOU LOOK GREAT!