Saturday, January 17, 2009

*sniffle*

Well, I'm almost 6 months post surgery, and it finally happened- I got my first post-surgery cold.

Sneezing, congestion, sore throat and sniffling and yuck, yuck, yuck.

It hit me REALLY hard, I was pretty miserable for a good 4 days, and even though I'm feeling much better, I still get a sniffle here and a cough there. However, I feel that I'm really fortunate. If this thing had hit me sooner, I don't think I could take it.
I mean, with the Lefort I it's like your entire sinus cavity is COMPLETELY changed. I still get a little snoreness in my mid-face, even without a cold, so I'm SO glad that I had healed up enough where I could blow my nose (gently, of course!) and deal with the pain of congestion.
Sinus Cavity- Before & After:

In other, much nicer, news: my Mo-Mo, Daddio, and lil' brother Clay are visiting me and my sister this weekend! It's really nice having them over, my dad and I repaired my car then later tonight we got all fancied-up and went to dinner. It was great! First time we all went out like that since the night before my surgery.

However, everyone is sick, especially my dad. Ooooh I don't want to get sick again!! I hope I don't re-catch anything.
That's about all for now!! And here's today's recovery picture:

8 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling much better soon (and no touchbacks, daddio!).

Um, new pics???
Yes Please! :)

Jen said...

Congrates on getting your braces off. I loved your story about the retainers. It was a good thing that you found them regardless that they were in the rubbish. My friend who had lost her retainer took two weeks to get new ones. As a result the teeth moved in that time and she could not get it to fit her again. Her teeth have now moved without her retainers.

funkyrhodes said...

Hey Kam! Just curious...what's a Mo-Mo???

cookieyum said...

How about an update!

funkyrhodes said...

Hey Kam! Haven't heard from you in a while...how are things?

Jaw Surgery Brandon said...

Hey Kam,

Time for an update, you can't go out on an "I've got a cold" post! haha

I'm Brandon from the Jaw Surgery Blog.

I just wanted to congratulate you on a successful surgery, and it would be a great help to others and future patients that are going to be going through the same thing you did if you could share your story and experience.

I'd love to get as many people to share their story as possible in one organized place, so people just like us won't be as scared, and they too can have a successful surgery.

All you have to do is write a quick summary of how the process was for you, in as much or as little detail as you like. For example, you could include how you felt right before surgery, how you felt after, what the sensations were like, what you wish you had known before, or anything else you can think of that will make the process a little bit easier for someone else.

To help, just go here:

http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/topic/help-future-jaw-surgery-patients

If you have any questions at all or trouble posting your story, just let me know, and I'll be glad to help you help others!

Thanks again,
Brandon

wiltonwinrow said...

My dentists (Miami, Florida-based) advised ,e to drink lots of water and take necessary vitamins to boost my immune system after my surgery. I think it had been effective because I was not able to catch a serious cough and cold. My father will be joining me on my next trip in Miami. Veneers would be our dentist's plans for him; as for me I'm waiting for my de-bracing.

Unknown said...

I have learn so many things on your even on jaw pain which is now I am suffering. I will make this to be my reference.