Saturday, December 6, 2008

Feeling a little better!

Day 1 -3 I felt pretty miserable. I have to wear my "the mummy returns" bandages for about 2 weeks post-surgery (week 1 24/7, week 2 12/7)
That's my day one "What did I just get myself into?" face.

Day 1 & 2 there was a huge amount of pain, everything hurt, my head and neck, and body. Then I got sick and nauseous off of the vicodin. I was not a happy camper. Day 2 I saw Dr. Leibold, he said things looked good and I have an appointment for next week, so I'm eager to see how I am in the next couple of weeks.

Day 3 was a little better, ibuprofen was fine to use. It still hurt a LOT to swallow, or move, or to do much of anything, so I just sat around all day watching tv.

It's now day 4 after surgery, and I'm feeling much better, but still in a large amount of pain. Mostly it's due to my not being able to move and stretch my neck, so there's a lot of tension pain in my neck and back. Swallowing isn't brutally painfull anymore, but it's still very uncomfortable.

Occasionally when I move my face, or something, I get theses sharp pains in my neck, like the muscles hurt, or there's an invisible string being pulled on from the inside of my skin. Also, it feels like I kind of have a bad sunburn.

I really hope all the money and pain will be worth it for the final result. Here was my before surgery/day 1 after surgery pictures. You can't see a huge difference, since I am still pretty swollen and I can't extend my neck comfortably, but it gives you a little idea.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

I can see a big difference. You look really good. You're going to look especially amazing once all the swelling is gone.

cookieyum said...

This is just 1 day after surgery! wow it looks great. I thought you would have more bruising. Hope you feel better soon. Mo-Mo

Jen said...

There is a clear differnce, so soon. Thought u were dressed up as a nun at first.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh my goodness and for 2 WEEKS? That's quite the ensemble they have you sporting :) Hope the pain lets up even more and you get to see that profile you've been waiting for. Swelling or no, it's already looking grand & can definately see a difference

ps. Thanks for the sweet comments...I can definately say that's a first, haha. (That's part of why my OS doesn't want to move lower back...that he likes that part where it is. Will have to see what he's doing with the chin though....) ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wiltonwinrow said...

Hi Kam!

I'm so amazed at day 4 after your surgery, you were able to make this blog. 1 week after my wisdom tooth was extracted, I didn't want to get up from my bed. I just wanted to sleep all day. My dentist (Miami Florida-based) gave me some pain relievers. Thankfully, those were so useful to ease the pain.