Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whoo!

I just had my second appointment with Dr. Leibold today. He says things looked great!
The bruising has gotten a little worse, but the pain is mostly gone. My neck is just sore, and it's uncomfortable to move my lower face/lips. (I get these weird little sharp pains.)
I no longer have to wear my mummy/nun bandages during the day, just in the evening and when I sleep.
So far, I'm really happy with the way things look! I'm excited to see how things will look in a couple weeks from now!

Here's my before surgery/ 1 week after surgery pic:

6 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Holy crow that is some difference! No wonder you're excited!!

(Are you hanging on to those bandages for Halloween '09?) :)

Katherine said...

Kam, you look really great. I thought you looked lovely before the lipo, and I totally understand why you decided what you did. The lipo certainly adds more definition to your jawline. Hope you continue to feel better each day.

Aimee said...

Wow, the lipo made a big difference. You look fantastic!

Michelle said...

Wow, I had no idea you were in so much pain. Thank goodness the worse is over. And I can tell a difference! Of course, I thought you looked great before, but what can I say, you're a gem!

:0)
M

Unknown said...

Hi Kam, hope the recovery is going well. I'm having upper jaw surgery in the new year and wondering if it will effect my nose. Have you noticed much of a change to yours?

James.

Kam said...

Hi James!
(Sorry about for forgetting to respond earlier, I meant to comment on your blog but I couldn't find it)

They moved my upper jaw forward 6mm, they said they didn't move it up or down.
Aesthetically, I love the way it made my lower lips look (something I wasn't expecting with upper jaw surgery)
I'm a little annoyed with the way my nose looks, but my surgeon said it can take a year until it becomes normal again.
Also, my upper lip seems tight, and looks like a have a little bit of a gummy smile. My surgeon said it can even take up to two years for the skin to get back to normal.
(The way I smile might also be due to my braces being in the way)

Let me know if you have any more questions!