Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's go time.

July 24th.

Surgery day.

Although I've been incredibly eager to get the surgery done as soon as I can, the anxiety just set in and has hit me full force.

I went in for my 2nd pre-surgical evaluation. After waiting about an hour in the waiting area, I met with the doctors, Leibold & Largent. (The guys who will be doing the surgery on me). And then it was something like "Ok, we're gonna move your top jaw. ok. Let's move you to scheduling." I was a little put off because on one of the first appointments Largent had said something like 'to make it look right, we'll move both.' So, I opened my big mouth and asked about that, and Leibold said something like well, we can do a genioplasty (that involves cutting the chin and moving it forward with out moving the lower jaw.) "Yeah, let's do that."
And then THAT made me nervous. like.. if I hadn't said anything would they not do that, and would i have looked worse? Or, because I opened my big yap now they're gonna do something else and I'm going to look worse?!
And now my paranoid lil' brain is going crazy, I shouldn't have said anything or should I? I just want it to be done right... Ahh!!
I have faith in the doctors, but I guess it's just my first wave of pre-surgery jitters.

but July 24th.. WOAH.. That was MUCH sooner than I even hoped. That's really cool, but my paranoidness is just thinking "Is that enough time for the docs to do what they need to?" and a whole bunch of over-over analyzing. I'm just trying to re-psyche myself up for the surgery thinking "They know what is best" "The doctors know what they're doing" "You've got two fully qualified people watching over you, that's better than just having one surgeon!" Aaah, I can't wait.... I think! ;D

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Hi Kam!
Thanks for commenting on my blog. It looks like you have the same problem as I do. :) You're lucky that your surgery date is just next month! That's exciting. Can't wait to see how it goes. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Not much difference in the pics. Very sutle. Im getting very nervous also. My baby having surgery. from reading the blogs and veiwing the pictures, you realize how serious this surgery is. Mom

Michelle said...

Ok, I'm trying to make friends with fellow bloggers who are having jaw surgery this summer and you are definitely one of them!

Hopefully, blogging will help make the recovery less painful or boring or both!

:0)
M

Jen said...

Your pics look great.
I hope mine works out as well.
My surgeon has got a program that will simulate the difference and modify tissue structure on your face. He won't use it on me till I get closer to the surgery.