Sunday, June 22, 2008

Surgery Wish List

Hey Ortho-blogees!
In preparation for surgery, I've decided to compose a list of post-surgery items I need or want and things I already have that I will use after surgery. This is inspired by my mom who wants me to make a list, and who calls Zip N Squeeze "Sippy Saks". Hehee.

Things I already have that will come in handy:
  • "Hospital Tray"- I love this. Although it's a laptop cart, it's practically a hospital tray. It's perfect for drawing, (laptops of course), and reading in bed. I know this is going to be a huge asset for after-sugery recovery.
  • Nintendo DS- This will definitely help the boredom factor. The only thing that saddens me, is that is will be very difficult to practice my French after surgery.
  • Books, Puzzles, Computer- I've purchased a huge order of comic books off of Amazon.com, they've been slowly collecting on my shelves, and I've been trying to abstain until surgery is over... trying. :P I'm also a huge puzzle geek, and have got lots of puzzles (and puzzle games for the DS) to keep me entertained. Also, here's a warning: I'll probably be blogging a LOT after surgery.
My Wish List:
  • "Sippy Saks"- I know Zip N Squeeze bags are huge on the jaw-surgery population. I do have a question though- I've heard a lot of people ordered them, but then their doctor game them some. Should I wait or just order them?
  • Jaw Wraps & Spa Face Masks- These look so comfy and I'm not even in pain yet! On Michelle's Blog, she mentioned how her hospital uses the AqueCool device. Oh god. I wish my hospital uses something like that on me. I'm so jealous.
  • Sonic Gift-Card- I have a feeling I'll be needing a lot of slushes. Although, there's this new "mom & pop" smoothie place that opened up near me, and I've never had jamba juice before, so this may be a good opportunity for me to experiment with slushies.

I'll probably add to this list as I get closer to surgery..

So, fellow blog-ees: What's on YOUR Wish-List?
~If you haven't had surgery yet, make a list on your blog about items that are on your wish-list.

~If you've had surgery already, discuss which items you couldn't have lived without, things that didn't make a huge difference, or things you wish you could have had then.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I would like Lipo suction while I'm under. That would be on my wish list ;.)

Kam said...

Hahaha, yeah. I keep thinking about telling my surgeons "Soooo.. while you're in there, can you take care of a couple things for me? I won't miss any neck fat." XD

Michelle said...

Excellent HW assignment!! I will have my list ready for tomorrow - time's running out for me and so far I have nothing to show for it. Talk about procrastination!!

Nate said...

good luck on your surgery. I found your blog through Jaw-Surgery!

Anonymous said...

Hey I think Im being made fun of! I like the name sippy sak, it's catchy!

Anonymous said...

Spoke with KAM's Doctor's office today. They suggest I attend the pre-op visit, so I will see KAM in about 8 days! see ya then!

Michelle said...

Hi Kam! Thanks for posting nice comments on my blog. That was so sweet of you!

You know, I haven't really been using those zip 'n squeeze bags. Just as long as the food is thinned, I can easily drink it with a straw. Not bad!

:0)
M

stephanie said...

Calling them sippy saks made me laugh. I think the name might stick 'round these parts :)

GOOD LUCK!!

Unknown said...

If you want to use the AqueCool, you can order it online at www.aqueductmedical.com. It's super easy and convenient. Benjamin Krempel, CEO Aqueduct Medical. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!