Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little relief

I went to my orthodontist (Dr.B) today. I had a letter from Dr. Leibold to give him, plus I wanted to ask about my orthognathic situation.
He said my new SureSmile wires were coming in next Thursday, the 26th, and that he could fit them on me and the problem with my back teeth being too wide could be fixed by July 8th- the day when my surgical models need to be made.

I also asked him about my surgery. I told him I had a little anxiety because now I have this surgery date, but I really still don't know exactly what will be getting done. I'm just an extremely visual person, so if a surgeon just tells me "(insert medical jargon)" that doesn't help me understand what they're gonna do to me. I need to see pictures, I need to see before and after.
But Dr. B said not to worry, that they will have to work with my new surgical molds anyway, and they'll go more in-depth the closer we get to surgery.

For some reason, it really put me to ease, and I'm feeling a lot better.

He also told me that he heard Leibold's name mentioned on the Sports Radio the other night, that one Sportscaster is getting jaw surgery and Leibold is one doing it (or overseeing it). I think that's kinda cool, actually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey great hair on your skeleton head! You need to start getting things that you are going to need like those sippy saks. Glad that you are felling more positive.