Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Blah...

I had my second post-op appointment today.
I was pretty disappointed when I left. I had built up all these hopes in my head like getting looser bands, no bands for a certain amount of time a day, no bands at all. However, nothing changed. It was just "things are looking good" and I need to keep the bands on as often as possible. And I might be able to move to soft foods in 6 weeks. what?! That's not cool.
And then it was just "see you in two weeks". Which... guh.. I don't know. I really don't want to wait two weeks, and I think I'd be more comfortable being seen weekly, at least for the first couple of weeks. To keep bands on 24/7 for 2 more weeks doesn't make me too happy.

...yeah....

I don't want to seem high maintenance, but I think I will call the appointment scheduler and ask if I can come in next week, too. It's something that would make me feel more comfortable. And right now I'm a little down in the dumps.

By the way, our new friend, Lotti, is having surgery tomorrow. Let's all wish her a safe surgery and a smooth recovery!!

Here's today's recovery pic. Not much change:

5 comments:

cookieyum said...

Try and keep the spirts up!
Luv Mo-Mo

Michelle said...

I can understand your frustration - I'd feel the same way, too. My OS saw me every week until my 4th week post-op. And then he saw me again today. Now I'm going to be on his monthly schedule.

Hopefully, when you call them back, they'll squeeze you for next week. At least, it's worth a shot!

And you are looking good, I just hope you start feeling good soon! But yah, it's perfectly normal to feel down. It happens to me, too. I was just telling my friends yesterday how down I felt on Sunday, for no apparent reason. One of my friends asked me I was taking my B vitamins. I told her I started taking my multi-vitamins and fish oil supplements again. I'd like to think this helps in the recovery, but that may be wishful thinking. At any rate, the good news is that if you feel down today, you're bound to feel up soon. There's a famous phrase out there that says, "Change is the only constant."

Ok, time to sign off now that my geeky side is coming out!!

:0)
M

:0)
M

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love post sugery photos and how they all look like police mug shots, because we can't smile! ;-)

6 weeks til soft food is a long time, no wonder you're a bit down in the dumps today. Now I can't recommend anything, because at such times I tend to browse online shops and buy myself stuff, with is not a good piece of advice to give to anybody really..

Lori G. said...

I was told the same thing at my second post-op appointment. I will not be able to have soft foods for 6 weeks. I have had some down days too. I worry that I'm going to do something to delay my recovery or hurt my jaw. I try to find things to do to distract myself. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

holski said...

I totally felt the same way as you, about appointments. From the start I went every 2 weeks. All of my blog buddies were going weekly and I was totally jealous! I wanted weekly too!

I also understand the feeling down part. But as far as I can tell, you are a super strong and optimistic person... it will pass before you know it!