Sunday, August 3, 2008

Waiting

sigh..

It feels like time is moving by slower than ever. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, my next post-op visit, because I'm eager to know my progress. It's like each day is lived hour by hour, waiting for the next moment to take my antibiotic, then shuffle around the house for the next six hours waiting to take it next. Today's my last day for my pink lil' pal. I can't say I'll miss it. ;)

As I mentioned in earlier posts, my upper lip has been hurting; and today, out of curiosity, I decided to take a look. Well, the other areas of the incision look fine, I guess, but the spot where the knot is, the spot that hurts, had a little patch of white on it. It shocked me at first, because I thought I was doing a really good job at keeping my mouth clean, and it looked like plaque or puss or something. I really hope it isn't an infection, because I REALLY don't want the doctors to have to re-open my wound, like Melissa had to deal with. So, I tried cleaning that area specifically, with q-tips dipped in salt water, swishing with saltwater, later I tried swishing that area only with the Prescription mouthwash and it's STILL THERE! All it lead to was making the already sore area hurt more. UGH I wish that darn spot would heal already, and I'd feel so much better.

Anyway...

Today, I decided to go and walk around somewhere, and my sister wanted to go to a bookstore, so I was just like "let's go". So, we get there, and almost 2 minutes of being inside, hell breaks loose. A mentally challenged man, I believe, ran into another guy. This guy PUNCHES the mentally challenged guy in the face. I'm right behind the guy who punched him, and this dude starts screaming and yelling and starts walking backward. I haul my ass out of there. I do not need to be punched in the face 'cuz I'm in some crazy man's way. Then the police are called and things settle down. The rest of the outing, I was paranoid of being elbowed in the face, or hit in the face, or injuring my fragile jaw in any way.
Then I decided, let's go do some real walking, just not standing around people in a cramped spot. All the arms reaching for books and punching faces was making me nervious. So, we go to the grocery store and it felt pretty good to walk down the aisles for the first time postsurg and it was nice pushing the cart. I got a couple things to celebrate once I graduate to soft-foods- like cheese broccoli rice & box mac & cheese. This is what I'm hoping for on Tuesday, the "OK" to chew. At least a little, because I feel ready. But I'm not doing anything different until I get the doc' permission.

Here's today's recovery pic, kinda meh today:

5 comments:

cookieyum said...

I'm glad that you went on an outing. Sorry to hear what should of been an enjoyable, calm time at the book store, turned to a nerve wracking experience. Glad to see the pics. You keep improving, even if it is little by little.
mo-mo

Michelle said...

Good grief, that was a wild outing at the bookstore! You did the right thing by getting the heck out of there. What a crazy experience!

I hope your appt goes well tomorrow. I'm seeing my OS tomorrow, too. So hopefully we'll both receive good news soon!

You're swelling is coming along nicely. Are you able to smile yet?

:0)
M

lotti said...

I can't believe your first outing was so wild and unexpected! But it's nice that you are feeling like going outside to have a walk. Keep doing it, I've heard that it's really good for a speed recovery as well. Happy to see that your swelling is going down more and more every day.

Anonymous said...

Yep, get jaw surgery then when you're still fragile get caught in a brawl, a perfectly lovely experience. Just as wlel you managed to sneak out quickly.

Hope you can get the go ahead for chewing!

mylene

Valerie Phoenixfire said...

Whoa, that bookstore thing sounds scary... o_O;; Glad you got out of there...