Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Going Somewhere.... Slowly

I saw my OS again today.

For about 2 seconds.

Grrr! I hate the effect that has on my nerves!! I have an appointment at 3:30, I get there at 3:20, I'm SEEN at 4:15. And Leibold doesn't even see me for more than 1 minute!! I had questions to ask him, but he disappeared pretty quickly after looking a me. (Run! Doctor! Run!)

I didn't have any expectations for my visit today, but when you wait so long only to feel neglected and ignored, it really shatters my nerves!
The resident, Dr. Balachandran, who looked at me seemed very nice. I've seen her around the department, but I wasn't aware she was familiar with me. Unfortunately, after the greeting, she had to feel across my tender incision area. Oooucch!

Sigh.. My next appointment is in two weeks, I just hope they go by quickly. I want to have a better appointment next time. One where I leave feeling good, inspired, and happy. Not neglected, confused, and anxious.

And here's today's recovery picture:

7 comments:

cookieyum said...

I think sometimes the Doctors forget that the patient hasnt been through this a hundred times like they have and when everything looks good, they move on. I think at the next appt. you stand at the door way and dont let him out of the room until he answers your questions.
Luv ya
Mo-Mo

cookieyum said...

you pics look good, do you feel any swelling I cant see any. thanks for the update.
Mo-Mo

Kam said...

Yeah, I still feel a little swelling in the area around my nose/cheek area and in my nose, and a little in my upper lip.

lotti said...

Happy to see that your swelling has practically gone away.
I totally agree with your mom, nxt time do not let him get out without answering all your questions. However, it's a good sign he did not stay long with you: it means your healing is going very well!

Michelle said...

I personally feel an urge to give your doctor a swift kick in the rear - next time he tries to leave in a minute, I suggest putting one where it hurts! ;0) (kidding, of course!)

You're looking good, by the way. Seriously, your recovering looks like it's going smoothly. How's the blended diet treating you these days?

:0)
M

Anonymous said...

Ah, I feel your frustration. Thankfully everything else seems to be going great, you don't look like a chipmunk so much anymore! :-)

mylene

Lori G. said...

I know how you're feeling. I made my surgeon sit and talk with me at my appointment on Tuesday. I had a list of questions and comments. He took the list and we talked for almost 15 minutes. I left there feeling much better about everything.

I still have swelling around my nose and upper lip. Your pictures are looking great! I think we are doing well after 20 some days.