Thursday, July 3, 2008

I want to be Ironwoman!

I had a bad last week. I was supposed to donate blood so I would have extra in case I needed it for surgery, but my blood is border-line iron deficient, so they won't take my blood, otherwise it could make me anemic. So, I need to start taking some iron supplements so my blood can be nice and healthy!
My mo-mo (mom) has got my back, though. And she's there to support me, even with extra blood if I need it!

Also, last week, I had to reschedule my appointment that I would be getting my new SureSmile wires. That really made me nervous because I don't know if my teeth will have enough time to move where they need to be by the 8th (when the oral surgeons will be making my final casts). But my orthodontist, Dr. B, said they'll be where they need to by the 8th. I just hope.
I decided to experiment with colors for the first time too, I wanted something fun and whimsical before my surgery. So, this is my current look:
I actually like the colors more than I thought I would, they're just fun and different, and even though I like the clear, I kinda regret not trying the colors sooner.
He put different surgical hooks on me, too, these are silver, but I still have the dark, almost black, ones on my lower teeth, because he didn't give me a new wire on the lowers.
And for some reason, only my front teeth hurt, a lot, but not any of the back teeth, which are the ones that are supposed to be moving...

Before I go, I just want to give a biiiiig shout out to Michelle and Rachel. Michelle just celebrated her one-week post op anniversary and she's doing great! Rachel went to the hospital on wednesday, and I hope everything went on without a hitch! So, go visit their blogs and give them lots of support!!!

4 comments:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Love your choice of ligs Kelley! Those colours look so nice on ceramics ... well chosen.

Here's to your teeth being exactly where they need to be by the 8th!

Michelle said...

Sweet bands, Kam!! They look like fun. I've always had clear bands, but now I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting those colors. Ha! :0)

Btw, your mom is SO cool. Seriously! I can tell she is so incredibly supportive of you. That is awesome!

And thanks for the shout-out! I am feeling great, which is a blessing, especially if you're reading those Yahoo Ortho Support emails. Did you read about the girl who chewed gum and ate a chicken sandwich, and then complained that her jaw hurt so much? Oh my goodness, I don't think she was even 6 weeks post-op. That is so crazy. I am strictly keeping a tasty, liquid diet. It's just not worth imposing more pain to the recovery!

Ok, well, I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the 8th. Can you remind me when your surgery is scheduled for? Thanks!

:0)
M

holski said...

hey Kam,
Great blog! Do you mind if I add a link to my page?

Your surgery is quickly approaching. how exciting! =) getting nervous?

Michelle said...

Hey Ironwoman!!

How'd your appointment go today? I know that me, you, and Rachel all had appts today, so I hope it went well.

Blog woman, blog!!!

:0)
M