Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Day of a Thousand Bites

Good-bye solid food. I will miss you.

Today was my last day, the mighty crunchfest ended about an hour ago (midnight). I enjoyed La Madeline pasta for lunch (I usually get the soup/half sandwhich deal, but I'm abstaining from any of the "S" trinity: Soup, Smoothie, ..ssslliquidfoods? That's my new word. yes. Sliquidfood.

Anyway, my mo-mo, dad, and adorable little brother clay came down and after much consideration, tex-mex was the cuisine of choice. [I personally felt like asian food, but this is a democracy, besides, I'm always happy with mexican food]

At dinner, there was much laughter and munching. My family was patient with me as I slowly chewed my way through the meal. (Just wait, if they think I eat slow now...) After dinner, everyone donated their left-over chalupas to the Feed the Kelley Fund. And I tried my best to gnaw through what was there before the clock ticked 12:00am.

What happens if you feed the Kelley after midnight? Who knows, but the doctors said so.

Oh wait... THIS might happen:
Yeah, that's not a good idea. Keep me away from water, too. I might multiply.

Anyway, so if I don't have the chance to post a few final words before surgery, you'll be hearing from my mo-mo over on her blog.
See you on the other side!!
-Kam

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck for tomorrow, keeeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes exactly as you want it. Good thoughts are on their way across the Atlantic; see you on the other side!

mylene

Jen said...

Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck!

Michelle said...

Hope you didn't turn into a Gremlin last night! Better yet, hope the surgery is a grand success!!!!

Welcome to the Other Side!

:0)
M

Rachel said...

Lots of hugs!! I hope things went well this morning.