Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ugh and Ouch

I've been having a lot of upper-lip pain, especially at the incision area.

Last night a series of involuntary big yawns stretched my limits and might have led to my a nosebleed later during my nap on the couch. Unfortunately, I'm a very smiley person, too, and I just can't help it! But smiling hurts!

Panic-Kelley keeps fearing I maybe doing damage to my stitches, it's not the smiling I'm most concerned about (even though it hurts), but it's the those involuntary yawns you can't help are so frustrating!!
So, anyway, when I was cleaning my teeth today I saw some of the stitches hanging down and it freaked me out! Also, I think I have a cavity now. UGH. What's the point of getting my teeth all moved if they're all gonna fall out?? I'm trying to keep them as clean as I can.

Oh little mouth of mine heal up nice and normal! Pleaasee!
Meanwhile, I'll try to keep Panic-Kelley at bay.

It's 12am, which technically makes this my one-week post op! weeooh! *confetti*

Here's today's recovery pic:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to master the Closed Mouth Yawn technique! Just to stretch the muscles at the back of the mouth; it involves holding onto your cheeks with both hands....:-) It's frustarting but better than nothing. I've also developed the Closed Mouth Cough and the Shut Gob Sneeze non-sneeze. (I've got nothing better to do with my time.)

Good luck with keping everything clean, and hurrah for the one week post-op!

mylene

Michelle said...

Oh, I hate it when my stitches hang down! The first time that happened, I thought the whole thing had fallen out, so I took a pair of tweezers to pull it out and YEOUCH! That sucker was still attached to me! It hurt so, so, badly. I wasn't on speaking terms with that darn stitch, but later I took a pair of scissors and cut the excess out of my mouth. Good grief! So I hope you don't do what I did - save yourself from that pain!

And congrats on celebrating your one-week anniversary! Yay!!

:0)
M

cookieyum said...

Congrats... Love you kid, keep up the good work and take all your meds. Mo-Mo

Rachel said...

Oh the yawns! I tried my best to yawn with my mouth closed but I was the same as you and did it all the time. I was also petrified to sneeze. I woudn't walk out the door without my super dark sunglasses on since the sun makes me sneeze a lot. My stitches started falling out after a week. I wouldn't worry about it. I had three fall out at the ortho when I was just 1 1/2 weeks post op. The scar along the top sure feels weird. I guess it can constitute as a "cool" scar. We've earned it. You look great. I hope you're getting some smoothies down.

Grandma Jane said...

This is your Grandma Jane here. I want to tell you that you are thinking "why did i do this"?? In two weeks (or so), you will say " i wish i has done it sooner". But until then, cry if it makes you feel better, call me if you need me, and please tell your dad to take me to my house on Sage Valley.

I love you,
Grandma Jane
c/o
your cool hot aunt MJ