Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Turn-Around

My family just went home today. Aw, I miss my mo-mo already.
I was tempted to go home with them, but I have my next appointment in a week, so, it would probably be too much effort back and forth.

The last couple of days have been hard. I think the worst part, rather than the obvious pain and swelling of my face, was all the stomach issues I had. First, while in the hospital, I threw up blood about 3 times. But after coming home, the problems swallowing made me gag on everything, the medicine made me sick to my stomach, and I had horrible heart burn. I couldn't lay down without feeling sick, sit without being sick, anything.

Well, today has been the best day, so far, after surgery. Day 5 Post-Op! This morning I woke up around 4, am couldn't fall back to sleep. So, I decided to take a nice long shower and prepare for the appointment this morning. The appointment went well, and Dr. Leibold said I was looking well. Then send me home with a pack of tighter rubber bands and said "see ya in a week!"

My meals today included a slush of blended ice, strawberries, and pomegranate leomande, Then for lunch, I tried my best to swallow some La Madeline's Tomato Basil Soup. I think my taste buds are a little dull right now, too, because nothing really tastes as good. And for dinner, I was feeling very tired, and a little sick, so I decided just to sip a little sprite/pomegranate lemonade mixture with a little cup of vegetable broth.

Well, here's the latest pic of my progress, there's more pictures in my "Post Surgery Photos" Section on the right --->


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Kam, It's so nice to hear from you. I've been thinking about you these days, hoping the best in terms of your recovery. You're nearly one-week post-op, which is great!

I know right now everything's really tender (like eating, sitting, sleeping, drinking, etc). But it will get better. I also had stomach issues the first week (along with nose bleeds, tiredness, and feeling pain in general). The good news is that you will start to feel like yourself in no time. Seriously. I'm 5 weeks post-op and feeling pretty good now.

Anyway, your pictures are looking good! Your worst fears were not realized, which is a relief, I'm sure! ;0)

I really am so happy to hear from you!

:0)
M

Rachel said...

You look great for only being day 5. I think the worst is behind you. Everything sucks the first couple of days especially swallowing. My meds sent me into gagging fits too. Water them down, it helps tremendously. I hope you are getting enough to eat so that you have some energy. Get some rest and take it easy. I'm so glad to here from you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, great to hear from you. I was hoping you weren't having too rough a time. You look good, in a chipmunk kinda way of course, like we all did/do. :-) Day 5 was when I started feeling a bit more human, so it should get easier from now. Everything is just awful for the first few days, isn't it! Look after yourself. xx