Tuesday, July 22, 2008

YAY Confirmation!!

I got the call - I'm approved by insurance for jaw surgery! However, insurance denied coverage for genioplasty. But that's ok, because I didn't really want it anyway.

I had a final visit to Leibold and Largent today. I wanted to firm up somethings and ask a few more questions before surgery.

ALL my anxieties are extinguished and I'm feeling great and ready for surgery.

Leibold said I was an excellent candidate for the neck liposuction and that, although subtle, it would give me an excellent final result. And personally, I'd be MUCH happier with that than genioplasty.

Also, since the lipo or genioplasty wouldn't be covered by insurance anyway, the lipo costs half as much and the genioplasty would. EVEN BETTER!
Now, since hospitals & insurance are jerks, they would charge for any hospital, anesthesia time, and surgery room time for a procedure not covered by insurance. So, it would be cheaper for me to go back, about 3 weeks later, to get the additional procedure done at the Dental school (where the surgery room & anesthesia is a small flat fee) than to get it done the same time as jaw surgery and the hospital charge by the minute. hundreds vrs. thousands? I think the choice is simple enough.

So, the family is coming in tomorrow, then 6 am Thursday it's off to Surgery-Land!

A big shout out to Lori who got her surgery yesterday! I hope everything went without a hitch, and hope she's healing well!
Also, Michelle, Rachel, and I have started a little recipe blog called Jaw Dropping Blends, it's still being put together at the moment, and I'll be starting on the header graphics soon. So, check it out!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

woo! good to hear everything's working out nicely. i wish you the best of luck with your surgery!

Michelle said...

oh, I'm so relieved and happy to hear the news! Yay!!! Ever since I met you in the blogosphere, you've been so excited to have this procedure. I think you have the best attitude ever! And I'm so glad your family will be with you to support you.

Of course, I will be thinking of you and hoping that everything goes swimmingly well!!!

Hugs,
:0)
M

Rachel said...

Great news. I'm so glad things finally got settled. I'll be keeping you in my prayers on Thursday. I'm sure you are breathing a sigh of relief to have things in line. I can't wait to read about your recovery.

holski said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything has been worked out. What a relief! Surgery is so soon! Good luck on the big day! We'll all be waiting for you to get home and blog about your experience.

Anonymous said...

Oh, excellent news. Good vibes will be flying across the Atlantic for you on the 24th.

Mylene

Lori G. said...

Glad to hear about the insurance! I have been home for two days and feel much better than I had anticipated. Keep up the great attitude and you'll be fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for successful surgery and recovery.

Lori

Rachel said...

Good luck tomorrow! You'll be so happy when its over. I hope you had a great last solid meal!

Michelle said...

Well, it's 12:02am EST so that means it's already Thursday for me, which is a big day for you!

I know this is the day you've been waiting for - and I'm confident it will all go well. After all, you've got Mo-Mo there to support you, so I know you're in great hands!

Ok, I'm looking forward to hearing from you on the post-op side of the orthognathic world!

:0)
M