Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the end to a stressfull day.

Incoming rant/thingy:

Yesterday at the splint fitting, Largent had mentioned not doing the genioplasty after all, I was relieved a little bit, because instead of a bigger chin, all I wanted was just a little more definition in my neck. He mentioned how I had a little excess tissue & fat in my neck and that they remove that "All the time" ("We do this all the time" is like their motto)
I was really happy, and my hopes were really high for a moment before they came back down.
"We'll just do the top jaw and if we decide to do the genioplasty or any kind of lipo, we can always do that another time"
Well. I feel very anxious that this is the only chance I'll ever get to get this right. Hospital stays and operating room cost a LOT. Almost as much as the surgery itself, so the chances that I can go back for anything is like, non-exsistant.

So, my mom says to call them and see if I can consult with them a little one more time.
Instead of sawing bone and moving my chin forward, I would be more satisfied keeping the chin I have, but with the extra tissue removed, I think it would give the illusion of a more defined jaw/neck line. Now, that isn't covered by insurance, but I'd be much more secure with it than different chin. If the cost is ridiculous than it won't happen, but if it costs as much as the genioplasty covered or cheaper, then I would like to go forward with it.


In OTHER news. The underside of my tongue feels a LOT better. Last night hurt like crazy, and it felt swollen, but after I woke up the next morning, it felt fine. It only hurts a little if I move my tongue to the other side of my mouth to try to pry food out my my braces or something, but otherwise, I'm good!
I made a mini-lasagna tonight. Yummy yummy! Mom would be proud (she makes the best lasagna)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, you're always mentioning your neck fat, but I just can't see it, no matter how hard I look. You have a BEAUTIFUL neck!

But hey, if its cheap (relatively) and will make you happy, go for it! ;P

Kam said...

I am always mentioning it?
Awwwwweee, you are so sweet. :3

I'd just prefer that than actually cutting bone. The more I think about it the more the chin thing freaks me out.

Rachel said...

I'm all for not cutting bone if you don't have to! Mmmm, lasagna sounds so good. You know, you can blend that! Hope you have a great day, I'm glad things are looking up!

Anonymous said...

Just as well the underside of the tongue heals quickly. It still hurts, though.

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great the area under your tongue is feeling better.

I think you do need to talk to your OS further and explain what you'd prefer to have done to your chin. Good luck with getting that sorted!

chris k said...

Wait a second, I thought MY mom made the best lasagna in the world. I need a clarification from the judges :)

Jen said...

chin or no chin...
that is the question

Unknown said...

Good luck Kelley! I have jaw problems as well in the form of TMJ. My jaw grinds and pops like crazy all the time. My wife is always asking me if I'm ok when she hears it happen. I always say yes, but sometimes it really hurts.